Home Advertisement

Home 'It is unacceptable': Ronaldo smokes over Ballon d'Or lie ’

'It is unacceptable': Ronaldo smokes over Ballon d'Or lie ’

Font size

 'It is unacceptable': Ronaldo smokes over Ballon d'Or lie ’

'It is unacceptable': Ronaldo smokes over Ballon d'Or lie ’


Cristiano Ronaldo skipped the 2021 Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris and has now published simply why he opted in opposition to attending the prestigious event.


The Manchester United celebrity took to Instagram to lash out at Pascal Ferre - the man accountable for the award - following claims his solely profession intention used to be to have greater Ballon d’Or trophies than Lionel Messi.


Watch the world’s fine footballers each week with beIN SPORTS on Kayo. LIVE insurance from LaLiga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Carabao Cup, EFL & SPFL. New to Kayo? Start Your Free Trial >


Ferre, the editor of France Football, had informed the New York Times beforehand of the ceremony:


“Ronaldo has solely one ambition, and that is to retire with extra Ballons d’Or than Messi, and I understand that due to the fact he has instructed me.”


That did now not go down with Ronaldo though, with the United striker alleging Ferre had “lied”.


In a translated submit on his Instagram, earlier than Messi took domestic his seventh Ballon d’Or, Ronaldo wrote:


“Today’s effect explains why Pascal Ferré’s statements ultimate week, when he stated that I confided in him that my solely ambition used to be to end my profession with greater Golden Balls than Lionel Messi.


“Pascal Ferré lied, he used my title to promote himself and to promote the book he works for. It is unacceptable that the man or woman accountable for awarding such a prestigious prize may want to lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for any person who has continually revered France Football and the Ballon d’Or. And he lied once more today, justifying my absence from the Gala with an alleged quarantine that has no motive to exist.


“I constantly desire to congratulate these who win, inside the sportsmanship and fair-play that have guided my profession for the reason that the beginning, and I do it due to the fact I’m in no way towards anyone. I usually win for myself and for the golf equipment I represent, I win for myself and for these who love me. I don’t win towards anyone.


“The largest ambition of my profession is to win country wide and worldwide titles for the golf equipment I signify and for the country wide group in my country. The largest ambition of my profession is to be a suitable instance for all these who are or choose to be expert footballers. The largest ambition of my profession is to depart my title written in golden letters in the records of world football.


“I will give up with the aid of announcing that my focal point is already on Manchester United’s subsequent sport and on the entirety that, collectively with my team-mates and our fans, we can nonetheless obtain this season. The rest? The relaxation is simply the rest.”



No comments
Post a Comment